Good evening. Here is another of my floral makes for the recent shows on Hochanda using the Flora Musica stamp from Chocolate Baroque.
- Flora Musica and Loving Sentiments stamps
- 8 X 8 swing back card base (with 6 X 6 inch central panel), patterned paper (Crafty Individuals Springtime)
- Inkpads: Distress Ink (Tattered Rose), Versafine (Onyx Black)
- WOW Embossing Powder (Clear Gloss)
- Spectrum Aqua Watercolour pens (pinks)
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens (clear, pinks, teal greens, gold)
- Gouache watercolour paint (opaque white)
- Alcohol marker (black)
- Rose corner embossing folder (Rose Garden - Tattered Lace)
- I used a ready made fold back card base (Crafters Companion) but it would be easy to make your own. Take an 8 X 8 inch card blank and draw a 6 X 6 panel into the centre to leave a 1 inch border all around. Cut the right hand edge of the inner panel and half way into the centre (i.e. 3 inches in). Score the outer border section only, vertically to meet the cut line from top and bottom, then fold the outer frame back to the left. Sorry it’s a bit tricky to describe but it really is easy. Try it with a piece of copy paper first.
- Open the card out flat and emboss each of the four outer corners with the embossing folder. Gently rub over with Distress Ink using a sponge. Add some highlights onto the roses using the clear sparkle pen.
- Stamp the image and sentiment onto the patterned paper using Versafine and heat emboss with the clear powder. Colour with the watercolour and sparkle pens, blending out with a damp brush. Add a little gouache to the colours if you need a little more coverage over the background pattern (gouache is more opaque). Edge with a little Distress Ink and the black marker to frame. Glue to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the inside of the card.