Tuesday 30 January 2018

Dreaming of the Beach card created with stamps from Chocolate Baroque

Good afternoon. Here is another sea themed project. I have stamped, cut out and layered up the shells on this one. I grew up by the sea but now live inland. I really miss being able to walk to the ocean, clamber over the rocks and look deep into the rock pools. Simply magical. Maybe I’ll get to visit this summer?

As the theme on the Simon Says Stamp Blog Challenge (Wed) this week is ‘Layer It Up’ – I have entered this one. I have entered lots this week. Unlike me as I rarely get time but the themes just coincided perfectly with projects I have been working on this week so I thought that I would share.
Materials:
  • Seaside Dreams, Underwater and Mermaid Queen stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque
  • A5 scalloped card blank (cream), blue card and cartridge paper
  • Inkpads: Versafine (Vintage Sepia), Versamark
  • Ultra thick embossing powder (UTEE clear)
  • WOW Embossing Powder (Daytona Sands)
  • Frantage Elements (Stampendous)
  • Polyester glitter (clear)
  • Ink spritzers (blue mica, opaque white, red, gold mica)
  • Coloured pencil (brown)
  • Alcohol marker (dark brown)
  • Acrylic paint (opaque white)
How it was done:
  1. The blue card was spritzed (blue mica and white) and clouds added by sponging white acrylic paint.
  2. Shells were stamped onto the background and onto cartridge paper using Versafine. They were coloured with inks and some pencil shading. The shell embellishments were cut out, lightly shaped and glued to the card with 3D glue gel for dimension.
  3. When stamping the card background I accidently dropped the Versafine inkpad onto the foreground – eek! No problem, I just streaked more ink across to create added texture and depth to the foreground. I then added a layer of Versamark ink and covered with a layer of UTEE. I also embedded sprinkles of glitter, sand embossing powder and Frantage elements for added texture. Tip: When using UTEE with added sprinkles etc. it is best to apply heat from underneath the card surface to start the melting process (otherwise everything just flies off all over the place – yep done that many times – tee hee).
  4. The sentiment was stamped with Versafine onto a strip of blue card, cut out and edged with brown marker. Glued to the card with foam pads for dimension.

No comments: