Friday 8 December 2017

Memories card created for Chocolate Baroque

Good morning – hoping to catch up with some of my blogging over the next few days. This was another of my recent samples for Chocolate Baroque. I went for a pretty vintage style combining the stamps with pretty oval dies from Tonic.


I love this sentiment which is poignant to me having lost several close friends and family over this past year.

Materials:
How it was made:
  1. A thin layer of silver paste was spread onto lock and key stamps and left to fully dry before gently peeling away. This can take up to 2 days so you need to plan ahead. StazOn Ink was then applied to the stamps and the moulded pieces pressed back on to transfer the ink into the crevices.
  2. The background was repeat stamped with the keys and silver ink. Faux stitching was added around the edges with the fine tipped pen.
  3. The oval layers were die cut from black, silver and cream card. The sentiment was stamped with Black StazOn (as my card had a high gloss finish). I thought that the black looked a bit harsh so I quickly covered with silver powder and heat embossed to give a softer vintage look.
  4. The mats and embellishments were glued to the card front with foam pads and 3D glue gel for added dimension. Finished with PVA pearls.

No comments: