Thursday 21 December 2017

Last Minute Christmas Card Makes


Good morning. Today I am sharing some quick Christmas card ‘panic’ makes. I cannot believe that yet again making my Christmas cards ended up being a last minute rush in order to meet the last posting dates before Christmas. I start making Xmas cards in July but all are sent in as TV show samples and I ended up making none for myself. I really must get more organised next year. I just couldn’t resort to buying in the cards as my friends expect a hand made card and would feel that I no longer loved them if I gave a bought card – tee hee.

I decided to stick with a similar theme and formula in order to make my cards quickly but have some variation so that they weren’t all the same – so that my friends feel they have something more individual to them.

I used a stamp set containing a variety of snowflakes and decorative baubles that matched some die cut card bases making lovely fold back cards – from Hot Off The Press (HOTP). I also used sentiment stamps from Chocolate Baroque – Let’s Get Festive stamp set. I made them all 5X5 inches square and fairly flat for posting. Where I added foam pads for dimension I used the thinnest thickness from my stash. I also made use of my Tim Holtz stamping platform to help make these. It enabled me to repeat stamp quickly in the same place on each card and batch make the sets.
On these first sets I used the pre-cut and folded card blanks that matched the bauble and snowflake stamps (HOTP). I stamped the images with Versamark (Majestic Blue) and added a little colour with Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass). The sentiment was stamped with Versamark (Onyx Black). I added clear glitter glue for sparkle.
On the next set I used just the stamps straight onto plain flat card blanks – some with Noel and some with the Hugs sentiment – not everyone is into hugs. I added little ribbon bows. I upcycled some of those thin ribbons that are stitched into clothing for hanging – ideal for using on cards.
Then then made a set with coloured card blanks, stamping onto a white panel topper.
I also had some green and red scalloped card blanks in my stash. Been meaning to use them for Christmas for ages.

I stamped with green or red dye based ink onto the waste pieces left over from the shaped fold back cards. The background was stamped with Encore Ink (Silver) but it didn’t really stand out well enough so I overstamped with Versamark (Onyx Black). I finished with opaque white pen to draw faux stitching around the edges, and silver glitter glue for sparkle.
Hoping that you all have a lovely Christmas without too much stress if you are entertaining. Hugs xxx.







No comments: