Thursday 15 June 2017

Quick and Easy Oriental Butterfly card created for Chocolate Baroque

Good morning. This was one of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda with Lesley Wharton. It is a quick and easy make.

I used a technique demonstrated on one of Lesley's shows recently. I inked up a 4 inch round gelli printing plated with Distress Ink and then lifted off some of the ink using the Big Bold Background Leafy Trails stamp, then transferred the image to stamping card. I overstamped with the butterfly and swirl from Patchwork Butterfly set using Versafine. Finally I added a little colour with a gold sparkle pen and edged the topper with black marker to frame.

Materials:
Big Bold Background Leafy Background and Patchwork Butterfly stamps
6 X 6 inch scalloped white card blank, white stamping card
Inkpads: Versafine (Black Onyx), Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers)
Alcohol marker (black) and sparkle pen (gold)
Gelli Printing Plate (4 inch circle)

No comments: