Tuesday 4 April 2017

Birthday card created with the Russian Floral Egg stamp from Chocolate Baroque


Good morning. Today I am sharing another of my TV show samples (Hochanda) created using the Russian Floral Egg stamp from Chocolate Baroque.

It started off as a completely different project. I wanted to create an opulent golden Easter egg with an aged effect. I stamped the egg onto mirror card and covered it with Ranger Crackle Accents. I was hoping that it would give me a crackle background which I could paint over with brown acrylic, wipe off the surface, and leave an aged effect. However, the crackle didn’t develop as expected. All I got was a few deep crackles and not the crazed crackle effect that I was after. Obviously Crackle Accents doesn’t work too well on shiny mirror surfaces. So I learned something new.

I decided to cut out a tag shape from my ‘disaster’ and mount it onto a card front. I added a bit of colour using alcohol pens, and stamped the crackle effect on top using the background stamp and StazOn ink.

I partially stamped the egg onto the orange background mat, coloured with sparkle pens (spritzed & splattered background), and added more texture and crackle by stamping with gold paint.

Materials:

No comments: