Thursday 16 August 2018

Ganutell Geranium




Good evening. I have been learning the technique of Ganutell. Here I used the Geranium Kit from Gina B Silkworks – it contains everything you need to complete 3 pretty flowers (wire, Perl spiral wire, florist tape and threads). This kit is a great starter for beginners. The thread included is a thicker Perle 5, much easier to handle for the less experienced. For my flowers I changed to a finer Perle 8 thread in red and yellow, with yellow stranded cotton for the stamens, making up according to the kit instructions.

The little vase in these pics was created using my own fabric plus the Vase Heritage Pincushion Kit – also from Gina B Silkworks. The kit contains precision cut cards and full instructions. I fussy cut my fabric to place the motifs around the vase.



Tools required:

Jewellery pliers or tweezers, wire cutters (scissors can be used instead but don’t use your best ones!), clear drying PVA glue and a ruler.

Optional extras:

These are not essential but really useful if you intend to make a few projects. A small piece of florist foam (for holding elements while glue dries), Petal and Leaf Jig (to help shape wires easily and consistently).


Note: The butterfly comes from the Butterfly Kit (blogged earlier this eve).



I am planning a large Ganutell floral display – so more Ganutell to share with you all soon xxx.

No comments: