Thursday 16 August 2018

Ganutell Butterflies




Good evening. I have been learning the technique of Ganutell and started with a Butterfly Kit from Gina B Silkworks – it contains everything you need to complete 3 pretty butterflies (printed cards, wire, spiral wire, beads and metallic thread). The kit also comes with brooch backs – to make these into lovely brooches. I have used the Blues colourway but it also available in Oranges.


I am planning to create lots of Ganutell flowers for a bigger project and thought that these would definitely enhance a floral display nicely. They would also enhance any dried or artificial floral display. I have left wires untrimmed to attach to my project later.


Tools required:

Jewellery pliers or tweezers, wire cutters (scissors can be used instead but don’t use your best ones!), clear drying PVA glue and a ruler.


Optional extras:

These are not essential but really useful if you intend to make a few projects. A small piece of florist foam (for holding elements while glue dries), Petal and Leaf Jig (to help shape wires easily and consistently) and Butterfly Wing Pattern Pack (used with the jig – also has useful patterns for other wing shapes and suggested combinations for several different butterflies and dragonflies).


Note: The little vase was created using my own fabric plus the Vase Heritage Pincushion Kit – also from Gina B Silkworks. The kit contains precision cut cards and full instructions. I fussy cut my fabric to place the motifs around the vase.

More Ganutell to share with you all soon xxx.

No comments: