Monday 5 February 2018

Mini Landscape ATC

I thought that I would give a mini artwork a try and make an ATC (Artist Trading Card). Generally I work much bigger than this so it was actually a challenge for me. I tried to be less planned and to free myself up a bit too and just ‘go for it’. I was quite pleased with my bright and cheery landscape.




The Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Wed) for this week is ‘anything goes’ – so I have entered this one.

How it was done:
  1. I cut the ATC from a scrap of mount board and covered with white gesso to prime.
  2. I cut the flowers from recycled packaging and a punch and edged them with black pen to enhance. I layered up the flowers and then dunked them into molten UTEE to create the glossy flower embellishments. Finished with a sparkly sequin.
  3. I stamped the sun with StazOn and drew the abstract landscape with a marker. I coloured using watercolour pens and a damp brush.
  4. I added some texture using paste through the stencil and plus a bit of acrylic paint. When dry I rubbed over some of the areas with Gilding Wax.
  5. I edged the ATC with black marker to frame and added some sparkle over the sun and clouds.
  6. I finished with some Glossy Accents over the sun and rays.
Materials:
  • Country Views stamp set from Chocolate Baroque
  • Texturised Stencil (Crafters Workshop)
  • Scrap mount board, recycled multi-coloured card packaging
  • StazOn Inkpad (Jet Black)
  • Acrylic paint (turquoise)
  • Gesso (White)
  • Acrylic texture paste (Pebeo)
  • Fine tipped marker (black)
  • Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Pens
  • Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen (Clear Overlay)
  • Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE)
  • Melt pot (or small foil food dish and heat gun to melt UTEE)
  • Pebeo Gilding Wax (Silver)
  • Glossy Accents
  • Tonic Petal Pairs Punch
  • Sequins
  • Sizzix BigZ die to cut ATC (Artist Trading Card 2.5 X 3.5 inch)

No comments: