Wednesday 31 May 2017

Floral Parchment card created for Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge 35

Good morning. Today I am sharing another of my samples for the recent shows on Hochanda. I had so much fun with these stamps and this time I chose to create a Spring themed floral card.

I have just started experimenting with the world of parchment. I hope that you like my effort. My picot snipping needs a little more practice – tee hee.

This one also perfectly fits the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge this month too.


 
Materials:
  • Spring Fairy Collection (March)
  • 9 X 21cm white card blank, pearlescent purple card, parchment
  • Parchment embossing template to create the frame and scalloped border (Groovi system from Claritystamp)
  • Parchment scoring and embossing tools
  • Parchment 2 needle pricking tool and snips
  • StazOn (Opaque White)
  • Alcohol markers (greens and purple)
  • Organza ribbon (purple)
  • Stickles glitter glue (Star Dust)
  • Perga Glue
How to make it:
  1. Stamp the flower on parchment with white StazOn. Turn the image over and working on the back emboss over the stamped outlines using a fine embossing tool and mat. Add highlights using larger embossing ball tools.
  2. Again working on the back, add colour using alcohol ink pens.
  3. Using an embossing template add a scalloped frame around the image. I used the Groovi system which is really easy to use. The Groovi plates come with etched designs which are just the right depth to easily emboss using fine tipped embossing tools. I used a scalloped square design plate, extending the design to create the rectangle.
  4. Now working from the front use the twin needle piercing tool to pierce around the outside of the embossed scallop frame.

No comments: