Saturday 9 January 2016

Steampunk Travel Turbine Created for Chocolate Baroque

Today I am sharing my first book fold project. I have used the Steampunk Travel stamp set (recently featured on the Craft Channel TV show) to decorate and embellish. This one was quite a challenge, nobody saw me for days (tee hee), but I had enormous fun making it. I just love Fantasy themes.








  I hope that my project inspires you to play. Happy Crafting, Anne xxx.   Materials:
  • Steampunk Travel stamp set
  • Recycled paperback book (440 pages, 220 page folds) – 17.5 X 11cm size
  • White stamping card, Kraft card and black card
  • Inkpads: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Ranger Archival (Coffee)
  • Gilding wax and metallic pen (gold)
  • Alcohol ink pens (purples, lilac, dark reds and blues)
  • Dies and embossing folders to suit the Steampunk theme
  • Air dry paper clay and silicone moulds
  • Adhesive and 3D glue gel

Summary of how it was made:  · I created the book fold to make a shape resembling a turbine – suitable for the theme. First I used simple folding to create an upside down vase shape (adapted from instructions from Debbi Moore). I then added further folds and some cutting until I was happy with my ‘industrial’ shape. I glued a barbeque stick through the centre to provide a scaffold to build upon on the top.
 · I added a die cut lattice across the top which divided it into 2 halves. This provided and area to attach embellishments but also made it easier to design something that looks good from all angles. I didn’t want ugly backs of cut out stamped images to be obvious.  · Flowers and leaves were cut from black card, embossed to give texture, and rubbed over with gilding wax to make them look metallic. I also made lots of little embellishments using lightweight air dry paper clay and moulds. Images were stamped onto white card with black ink, coloured with alcohol pens, and cut out.


























 ·

No comments: